

As fulfilling as it was to have Reid rush ecstatically through the door into his Lightning McQueen party after spending the night at Big Ma's, I must say the actual day of his birthday was pretty exceptional too. It was just us, but I wanted to make it special, especially since it was the first birthday of which he was actually aware of it. I brought him breakfast in bed: homemade waffles, dripping with butter and syrup, topped with a McQueen candle and some milk in his new McQueen drinking bottle. I wanted to surprise him with it, but he woke up earlier than I'd expected, so I sent him back upstairs with the c.d. he'd been wanting that I finally got around to burning for him for this occasion: Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons. As I finished up his surprise breakfast, I cracked up, watching him in his underoos on our video monitor seriously getting down to "Sherry," "Big Girls Don't Cry," Walk Like a Man," and other songs from his new c.d. He got a total kick from the breakfast in bed thing, as you can see:



The day was filled with phone calls, wishing Reid a happy birthday, not to mention a surprise visit from Big Ma, bearing cupcakes with frosting so blue it had an encore, if you know what I mean.
That evening we checked him into a detox clinic to ensure a safe withdrawal from all of the sugar.
The ladies are going to be crazy about this boy in a decade or so. Happy Birthday Reid!
ReplyDeleteWay to make it special Momma!
Well he sure knows how to rock those underoos, doesn't he!
ReplyDelete