Reid had been going on his potty chair maybe once or twice a day before Ronin came along. My pediatrician told me not to bother with potty training at that time because I would fail with the timing of the baby coming. Sure enough, even before his little brother came, he had lost interest and completely resisted the idea of even sitting on his potty chair.
Lately, I've been able to prompt him to go on his chair once or twice and very occasionally he would even tell me he had to go, although it was usually just to procrastinate nap or bed time. Last Wednesday I decided to introduce big boy underoos. We shopped for them together and picked out a two-pack of Star Wars boxer briefs (so cute!). I think Colby was jealous and wanted some in his size. Anyway, once I convinced him (Reid, not Colby) that the new Star Wars boxers were totally cool he put them on and used the potty chair every time he had to go (half of the time I prompted him and half the time he told me he had to go!)
I was so proud of him that I threw him a Potty Party in his room upstairs. I had an inexpensive boombox I'd been holding for this momentous occasion, along with a c.d. with a playlist I compiled just for him consisting of songs from his favorite Pixar movies, classic rock hits from his guitar toy, and scores from the Star Wars orchestral soundtrack. I loved seeing his expression light up with recognition as each new song came on. We listened and danced together and then I brought him a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and juice for a picnic in his room. =)
Here are some highlights from his CD...


That first picture of him in his underoos is priceless!!!! I bet you feel so accomplished right now!!! One down, one to go! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Reid! I can see Colby being extremely jealous of Reids new undergarments.
ReplyDelete