Friday, August 5, 2011

Our Baby Moon to Santa Fe

Traveling is one of my favorite things in life.  Somehow we've been blessed with a trip nearly every month throughout this year so far... (February: Park City, UT, March: Ensenada, MX Cruise, April: Scottsdale, AZ, May: Orlando, FL, June: Southern CA).  I guess, with Baby's due date fast approaching, that would make our July/August trip to New Mexico our official baby moon.  Recently, Colby and I got to go to Santa Fe for an art show at his long-time friend, Bobbly Beals' new fine art gallery in the Canyon Road art district, Beals & Abbate Fine Art.

The Gallery:
Colby even had a chance to geek out on Star Wars over some graffiti art on Canyon Road:
Colby's been trying to get me to pick up painting again since we got married, but it's been so long for me, I've been too intimidated.  So while we were in Santa Fe, he and Bobby set me up with a private lesson with Judy Poldi of Two Arts Studio where I got my hands dirty once more.  While I didn't have time to finish a piece, I did get to break the ice with acrylics again and left inspired to create some artist studio space in our home for future painting.
My practice canvas:

Experimenting with gesso technique, color layering and blending... I joked with Colby's mom that this would be her gift for watching the boys for us during these few days.
Judy & me:

 The Beautiful Beals Family (+ Colby, whom Sophia was glued to):
 Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assasi:
 Santa Fe's Annual Spanish Market:
This property, called Las Dos, about 15 miles outside of Santa Fe, has been in Bobby's family since the turn of the century:

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you had a lovely trip.

    And I forgot to email you. I saw Colby & Reid at Return of the Jedi at the Vine. I waved from my car & they had no clue who I was. I couldn't find them inside to let them know it wasn't some random crazy person, but a crazy person who wasn't random ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails