Sunday, May 15, 2011

Disney World Post 1: Animal Kingdom

Colby and his step-dad had business in Orlando, so his mom had the brilliant idea of making it a family trip to Disney World by getting there a week before their conference.  Day one: Animal Kingdom!

This became Ronin's usual form of transportation for the week:
Reid was pleased to find a bright aquarium in this tunnel and not another "snowman" encounter like at last year's trip to Disneyland:
 The live animals were a hit with Ronin:
 While Reid seemed to prefer the ones that didn't move:
 
Both of the boys were into the parades:
 And of course anything they could touch and make noise with:
Gary knew Ronin had just about reached his limit of excitement towards the end of each day when he would feel Ronin get heavier and heavier on his shoulders:

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe he felt asleep on Gary's shoulders! You guys must be Disney pros by now :) I'll need some pointers for when we go. Don't know when that will be but I'm sure not far from now.
    - Danaly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of your trip. I'll bet the boys had a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  3. D, are you guys going to Disney World or land?? Debbie was our Disney World pro and she had some great tips... Hit Animal Kingdom first because it's small and a bit more kick back. Our last day was at the water park, Blizzard Beach, which was smart because it was the hottest day and it closed at 5pm, so we had time to pack afterwards without being too incredibly pooped. Always take advantage of fast passes to avoid lines. Oh, and I also learned from some locals that Superbowl Sunday is the slowest day of the year! No lines or crazy heat/humidity! I can't even imagine! We totally want to try that some year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails