The kids were making handprints with finger paint onto the grandmas' wrapped presents. The handprints were supposed to be the "stems" for the flowers-turned-charcoal. Are you following? The "flowers" were supposed to be made up of damp, twisted, rolled-up pieces of TP, dipped in poster paint, which, according to our craft book, were to be microwaved until dry. What the book didn't mention was not to use a styrofoam plate. Ok, I guess that falls under common sense, which I sometimes lack. All I know is a couple minutes into cooking, a little orange flame in the micro caught my eye. I rushed over and released a blanket of smoke out onto the ceiling. It was so thick, I thought for sure there would be a layer of soot left to remind me of my stupidity. There wasn't though. Just a horrible stench left in the micro that every remedy in the book can't get rid of.
Anyway, back to the little, orange flame... I sort of tossed the flaming remains into the sink, meanwhile Reid sat in astonishment at the counter. "What did you do, Mom??" he asked. "I'm so sorry, Sweetie! I caught our Mother's Day craft of fire!" I responded. After watching me wash much of our morning's work down the drain, he said, "Next time, don't light it on fire, ok, Mom?"


hahahahahahahaha that is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI totally caught something in the microwave on fire last month
ReplyDeletehahahahahahahaha!!!!!
ReplyDeletePriceless!
ReplyDeleteHaha, smart kid. =)
ReplyDelete