Reid's been on several airplane trips, however this past trip we took to Las Vegas was the first he's taken since reaching that age of awareness of what was actually happening. I was a bit nervous and excited for him, not knowing for sure how he would ultimately react once the plane took off. You can see in the video clip that he's kind of back and forth between nervousness and excitement too. He did really well though, even during the landing, which got pretty turbulent.
We had a great time visiting with Colby's dad, step-mom and family, celebrating his grandparents' 50th anniversary. We loved showing the kids off and had Colby's sister, Quincey along, who stayed with the boys after hours while we shopped and went to see the Jersey Boys show (amazing!).
Reid & Midget... (er... Little Person?) Elvis:
And yes, I did bribe Reid in order to get this picture.
I am a 30 year old wife of eight years to my best friend & sugar daddy, Colby, and a full-time mom to Reid (5), Olive (in Heaven), Ronin (3) & our latest creation, Dax. Honestly, I never envisioned myself as a natural at this house wife/mom thing, but once I settled into the role I began to experience a never before known fulfillment and sense of I-was-made-for-this as I do now. I'm currently working up to vacuuming in 5-inch heels and pearls.
Stay tuned here to follow our adventures in parenthood, homeschooling, motorcycling, lemon-racing, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment