Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Survived Panda Mania!

Phew!  I made it through the week as a volunteer crew leader for this Summer's week of VBS (Vacation Bible School), which was quite a feat, being almost 8 months pregnant!  I could have asked for a more kick back job, but the crew leaders are the ones who get to hang out and really get to know some of the kids as we lead them through the different stations (crafts, bible adventure, games, skits, music/dancing, etc.).

During this bible adventure, the kids climbed into the "whale" and talked about what it must have been like for Jonah.  They even opened a can of tuna to get into the experience!

Whenever the kids hear one of the daily bible points (God made you, God listens to you, God watches over you, God loves you no matter what, God gives good gifts), the kids all respond by yelling out, "Thank you, God!"  Here are the boys practicing one morning before class:

1 comment:

  1. Preschoolers got jipped!!! Our whale was a black sheet thrown over a table!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails